What is VPN? How to choose secure VPN service?
- VPN encrypts your internet traffic (it gets encrypted on your computer and goes encrypted to the VPN server) from analysing it by your Internet Service Provider or from direct interception, for example when you are using public Wi-Fi.
- VPN hides your real IP, so you can work behind the IP of VPN server.
- VPN allows you to access the sites blocked in your country.
Our partner VPN services:
- DoubleVPN.com (does not leave OpenVPN fingerprints, impossible to detect tunnel with reverse ping)
A few advice how to choose VPN service:
- VPN service should not be free, it must be paid. How do you think free VPN services get money to rent servers, create website, pay their employees? Probably they get financing from special agencies or simply sell logs of your activities on their servers.
- Pay attention to the date of service domain registration and references in advertisement topics on forums.
- The most important guarantee of your security is no logs of your activities kept on VPN servers. You can check it by directly accessing the servers. Look for services that give their clients such opportunity.
- The VPN servers you use must not have your real IP leaks on WhatLeaks.com service.
Log keeping VPN services:
- HideMyAss.com - officially cooperates with FBI and provided them with logs of their client activity which led to his inprisonment. Learn more.
- iVPN.net - in the interview to invisibler.com CEO of iVPN.net said that their service keeps logs "in order to troubleshoot network issues". Learn more.
- HideME.ru - indirectly they admit on their site that they keep logs. Their support answered the question and said that they keep logs of their clients activity. Learn more.
- inCloak.com - indirectly they admit on their site that they keep logs. Their support answered the question and said that they keep logs of their clients activity. Learn more.
- EarthVPN.com - in 2013 an EarthVPN client was arrested after issuing a bomb threat to his university. Learn more.
- PureVPN.com - in 2017 a PureVPN client was arrested due to cooperation of PureVPN with FBI. Learn more.
- If you know about other vpn services that keep logs, tell us.