How to disable Java
Want to disable Java in browsers?
Here are our instructions for disabling Java in internet web browsers:
- How to disable Java in Internet Explorer
- How to disable Java in Firefox
- How to disable Java in Chrome
- How to disable Java in Opera
- How to disable Java in Safari
Windows removal instructions
Windows 7 and Vista users can go to Control Panel -> Programs. Older versions of Windows will be under Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.
Find Java in the Program list, highlight it and choose Uninstall. Windows will prompt you to confirm. Say yes.
You can confirm that Java is no longer installed by visiting java.com. Click "Do I have Java?" Click verify and confirm that it says "No working Java was detected on your system."